Projects and Ideas
Our core project; we want to give you the skills and confidence to get onto the dance floor. We offer courses in the different styles that come together to make modern Timba; Casino, Rumba Guaguanco, Reggaeton and more.
Our current courses are running in conjunction with the ÖH at TU Graz, starting with a free 'taster' workshop on the 5th of March. Each course will consist of 4 sessions of 90 minutes; time to cover the fundamentals, give you time to practice in class and get you ready to dance socially. You can find all the information about the classes and how to register on the Classes page.
- Do I need to register with a partner?
Not at all! Of course its great if you want to come with a friend, but you are welcome to register as an individual. During class we rotate partners regularly; you'll learn better and faster that way and hey, you get to meet new people, too. :-)
- But I've never danced before.....
No problem! We'll be starting from the basics; body movement, what to listen for in the music, how to lead and follow.
For more information:
- See this Facebook post (German)
- Join the Salsativity Starters SS/2019 Facebook Group
- Or subscribe to our newsletter https://lists.salsativity.org/?p=subscribe
Classes and workshops are great, but we really want you to be able get out and dance socially, whether that's in Graz or even internationally at workshops and congresses. That's the aim of our "Timþarty" project. We want to hold one such event around the end of each course; so you can practice what you've learned as well as get to know others in the group.
How do I get involved?
- Venues. We're always on the lookout for suitable venues. If you know somewhere you think would be good, let us know.
- Criteria: Non-smoking, or at least, well separated non-smoking areas.
- A floor that is okay to dance on.
- Set-up and packing up. "Its a tough job, but someone's gotta do it." There always work to be done setting up for a party, from moving furniture to setting up lights and speakers.
- Music. What's a party without music? :-)
- Or if you have experience DJing, and can help out, we'd love to hear from you.